Monday

Cujo - Stephen King



Outside a peaceful town in central Maine, a monster is waiting...

Cujo is a huge Saint Bernard dog, the best friend Brett Camber has ever had. One day Cujo chases a rabbit into a bolt-hole, a cave inhabited by some very sick bats. What happens to Cujo, how he becomes a horrifying vortex inexorably drawing in all the people around him, makes for one of the most heart-stopping novels Stephen King has written.


-----------------------------------------

I was big fan of King's horror in my youth and I'd have to say that 'IT' and 'Salem's Lot' are 2 of the scariest books I've ever read (and I read a lot!). Stephen King was one of the authors who whet my book appetite and his were among my first real adult books. However, as has been mentioned in an earlier review, Cujo doesn't really slot into the 'horror' genre for me and I found it to be a bit of a let down overall. It was a good story, told by a master storyteller but it's not his best.

If this is the first book of King's that anyone is reading, this is by no means indicative of his talents and while it's a good story, don't judge him on this book alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment